Father’s Day is Sunday June 18th, the best gift other than a hug, your undying respect for him, are tickets to attend with him to the 44th Annual Back to the 50’s Car Show starting on Friday June 23rd and ending on Sunday Afternoon June 25th.
You don’t have to break your bank to attend. You can get Discount Tickets for $10 at participating NAPA Auto Parts Stores. Otherwise pay at the door $12. Kids 12 & under get in FREE with a paying adult.
Here is a FREE MSRA 2017 Visitor’s Guide
Minnesota Street Rod Association (MSRA) is celebrating their 50th anniversary 1967 to 2017
For 44 years the MSRA has gathered thousands of Cars and Car Enthusiasts for a great time to reminisce and for the COOL Factor of hanging around Street Rods & other kinds of old cars. You don’t even have to own a Street Rod to belong to the MSRA.
There are all kinds of things to do and to see at the MSRA Back to the 50’s Car Show. With over 12,000 cars, a Swap Meet, and even a Church service on Sunday you won’t be disappointed even it rains while you’re there.
MSRA Schedule of Events
The Minnesota Street Rod Association’s 44th annual “Back to the Fifties Weekend” presented by NAPA Auto Parts will blanket the State Fairgrounds with more than 12,000 street rods, customs, classics and restored vehicles, all dating from 1964 and earlier.
Named “Best Car Show” in the nation by USA Today in 2016, this amazing show offers something for everyone:
- Dave Kindig of Kindig-It Design will be on-site throughout the weekend
- More than 350 indoor and outdoor vendors and exhibits
- Ladies’ Showcase in the Dairy Building – 60+ vendors, fashion, food & pampering
Friday and Saturday: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., Sunday: 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Cruise-N-Arts Craft Fair in the Education Building: decor, gifts & more
Friday & Saturday: 9 a.m. – 6:30 p.m., Sunday: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Model Car Contest inside the Grandstand Friday & Saturday 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Awards held Sunday at 4 p.m.
- HUGE Sunday Swap Meet on the Midway – Sunday: 6 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- NAPA Auto Parts Display – All weekend
- Twin Cities Classic Car Auto Auction – Friday and Saturday
- Free concerts on Friday & Saturday nights at the Band shell on Cosgrove
- Friday Holy Rocka Rollaz – Saturday Robby Vee
- Saturday noon – 3 p.m. Big Q Pinup Contest, Rockabilly Radio and Jack Knife & the Sharps
- MSRA is partnered with Metro Transit Plan your trip via bus and/or light rail to the fairgrounds. Check out MSRAbacktothe50s.com for a link to print a free ride pass on Metro Transit’s buses and trains.
Sunday 10:30 a.m. Church Service & The Memories at band shell
MSRA Legislative Committee
The T-6 Thunder North American Flight Team Annual Fly Over Saturday at 11 am
Dave Kindig of Kindig-It Designs talks Back to the 50’s
Back to the 50’s SWAP MEET. Sunday June 25 from 6am to 3pm
Founding Members of the MSRA met at Leaning Tower of Pizza in 1967