The beginning of MNGOP BPOU Conventions start in St Paul on this weekend at Rice Street Library for the House District 66B Republicans. It is sort of unusual that they are not having it in the morning as almost every other MNGOP bpou is having it in this state. Though as one campaign staffer said to us, it is highly likely that a statewide candidate will attend an afternoon convention in St Paul unless they are in Greater Minnesota.
We are posting this information as a courtesy to the House District 66B Republicans, one of the few remaining House District Republican units in St Paul, though in our opinion they all should be House District units as more people can participate instead of a small cabal of political hobbyists running the show.
We were given permission to post their actual article about the convention. We have trimmed it a bit here is the Original Article. ~~ Publius Jr.
Attention Delegates, Alternates and Republican Residents of Minnesota House District 66B:
The HD 66B Republicans Convention will be on Saturday March 10th from 2:00pm to 5:00pm at the Rice Street Library. The MN House District 66B Convention shall be composed of the delegates and alternates elected at the February 6th, 2018 HD66B Caucus.
- Location: Rice Street Library
- Address: 1011 Rice St, St Paul, MN 55117 HD 66B GOP Convention Map
- Registration: 2:00pm to 2:30pm
- Convention Starts: 2:30pm to 5:00pm
Our convention agenda may consist of:
- 2018 State and Local Candidate Speeches
- Nominating and voting on CD4 Convention delegates (CD4 Convention Date: April 21, 2018 at 8:00 pm)
- Nominating and voting on MNGOP State Convention delegates (MNGOP State Convention Date: June 1st and 2nd, 2018)
- Discussion and vote of any platform resolution(s) brought forward from February 6th Caucus
- Discussion and vote of a HD66B Constitutional Amendments
- Other business/motions/ announcements delegates would like brought forward
Go to the link below for the current MNGOP Party Platform
Map of MN House District 66B
(on the map of HD 66B the number of W6P3 was changed to W6P7)
Precincts of House District 66B (Ward Precinct)
Stay Informed – Links to Other Republican Websites
Stay Informed – Meet the Current Republican Candidates Running for State or Federal Office
Governor (Candidates are listed in alphabetical order)
- Keith Downey – Website
- Jeff Johnson – Website
- Phillip Parrish – Website
- Mary Giuliani Stephens – Website
Senate – Class 1 (running against incumbent Amy Klobuchar)
Senate – Class 2 (filling Al Franken’s seat)